Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
The term 'PharmData Ltd', 'PharmData', 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website. Our company registration number is 11263172 (registered in GB). The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Should you choose to subscribe to PharmData, your usage of the site is subject to the following terms:
- Subscriptions are charged on a monthly basis via direct debit.
- Each subscription is personal to the subscriber and is non-transferable.
- All subscriptions are processed by the payment processor 'GoCardless' who is a distinct third party to PharmData Ltd.
- We do not store any financial data whatsoever.
- You are free to cancel your subscription at any time and can do so by contacting us at support[@]pharmdata.co.uk (remove brackets).
- Any cancellations will take effect from the month following your cancellation request.
- No refunds will be paid for subscription cancellations. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- The 'Manager's Dashboard' is a bespoke system and is not included in the base subscription package.
1. Introduction and Definitions
Welcome to PharmData.co.uk
, a member of The PharmData Network, a niche network of innovative online services for the UK community pharmacy market. The PharmData Network is operated and maintained by or on behalf of PharmData Limited.
PharmData Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We value and respect the privacy of everyone who visits a web site within The PharmData Network (“Our Site” and/or “The PharmData Network”
) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
This policy covers the processing of Personal Data by PharmData Limited (registered in England & Wales; Company No 11263172) whose registered address (and principal place of business) is at 1, Kirkmanshulme Lane, Manchester, M12 4NA, United Kingdom and its subsidiary and associated group companies (“PharmData”, “We”, “Our” or “Us”
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
2. Scope of this Policy
3. Your Rights
3.1 As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of Personal Data have been designed to uphold:
3.2 If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your Personal Data please contact Us using the details provided in paragraph 14 and We will do our utmost to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to resolve the matter, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
3.3 If you need further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk) or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
4. The types of Data We collect and how We collect it:
4.1 The Data We collect
4.2 How We collect the Data
5. How We use the Data that We collect:
5.1 All Personal Data is processed and stored securely for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see paragraph 7 below.
5.2 Our use of your Personal Data will always have a lawful basis, either because you have consented to Our use of your Personal Data (e.g. by registering an Account with Us and/or subscribing to e-mails), because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, or because it is in Our legitimate interests.
5.3 Specifically the Data may be used for the following purposes:
- to provide you with services or information that you have requested
- to contact you regarding your registered Account with Us
- to send you email newsletters
- to inform you if you have won a prize
- to monitor or improve the performance of, and products and services available through, The PharmData Network
- to customise the advertising and content that you see
- to monitor compliance with Our Terms and Conditions of Use of The PharmData Network, enforce Our rights and protect the safety of others including investigating and if necessary removing any content about which We receive a complaint
- to send you promotional materials, special offers or competitions on Our behalf or on behalf of Our group companies and marketing partners. If you do not want to receive this marketing information you can notify Us of this as part of the registration process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive or by amending your marketing preferences
- for internal record keeping and to manage your Account
- replying to e-mails from you
- providing and managing your access to Our Site
- for any purpose if we are required to do so by any law or other regulatory or government authority.
5.4 Please note that if you upload or post any content (which includes Data) to The PharmData Network, We may use it in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Use and it may be viewed and used by others. PharmData accepts no responsibility for this.
5.6 You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your Personal Data at any time and to request that We delete it.
5.7 We will not keep your Personal Data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was collected.
6. Sharing of Personal Data:
6.1 We may share your Data with other companies in our Group
(this means our subsidiaries and associated companies) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes and on the legal bases set out in this Policy (including marketing purposes).
6.2 We may use third parties to perform certain functions
on Our behalf including fulfilling orders, sending emails, organising and managing competitions, promotions, surveys or polls, comment hosting, traffic analysis, data analysis, translation services, audience auditing, and processing payments. These third parties may have access to your Data to perform their services, but any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that PharmData request (unless you give consent to further use). Further, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the GDPR. To request a list of these third parties please contact Us using the details in paragraph 14.
6.3 Aggregate Information:
We may share aggregate, non-personally identifiable information, such as demographics and usage statistics, with advertisers, sponsors and other organisations.
6.4 Options to receive marketing information from associated third parties:
throughout The PharmData Network you may be given the opportunity to receive marketing information which may be of interest to you from associated third parties. If you elect to receive such information and consent to the sharing of your Personal Data, We share your Personal Data with our associated third parties and they are only permitted by Us to use it for the purpose of providing you with the marketing information you have requested. If you do not want to receive marketing information from associated third parties you can notify Us of this as part of the registration process. You can stop receiving this information at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions on the correspondence you receive or by amending your marketing preferences.
6.5 Products or services offered in partnership with third parties:
6.6 Third-Party Ad Serving Services:
6.7 Audience and Traffic Measurement Services:
We may use third party services that allow Us to collect anonymous traffic and behavioural information by monitoring anonymous visitor activity. The PharmData Network advertisers, sponsors and/or traffic measurement services may themselves set and access their own cookies on your computer if you choose to have your cookies enabled in your browser. If you do not wish to have cookies enabled please update your device settings.
6.8 In specific circumstances We may have to share your Data with other third parties for their own purposes.
Such specific circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- For fraud management, We may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity on Our Site. This may include sharing Data with law enforcement bodies.
- We may be required to disclose your Personal Data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take your privacy into consideration.
7. How and where We store your Data:
7.1 We only keep your Personal Data for as long as We need and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
7.2 We primarily store and process your Personal Data in the EU/European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein). If we do transfer your Personal Data outside the EEA it will be because you have consented or because we have a legal reason to do so. Some examples of reasons your data may be processed outside of the EEA include:
- Order fulfilment
- Payment processing
- Technical support services
If your Personal Data cannot be processed within the EEA, we will:
- Comply with all other data protection principles
- Where possible, process in a country that is on the list of the EU Commissions’ countries that provide adequate protections for the rights and freedoms of data subjects
- If the transfer is to the United States of America, use reasonable endeavours to make sure they participate in the Privacy Shield program
- Make sure we have assessed the adequacy of protections in all other cases.
7.3 Data security is of vital importance to Us, and to protect your Data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure Data collected through Our Site. Steps We take to secure and protect your Data include:
8. Links to other websites:
In accordance with Our responsibilities under the GDPR, We adopt appropriate security procedures (suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures) to seek to safeguard against unauthorised access to your information. (See in particular paragraph 7 above). Please be aware, however, that the transmission of data via the internet is never completely secure. Whilst PharmData has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the Data you provide will be kept secure from unauthorised access We cannot guarantee the security of your Data as it is transmitted to and from Our Site.
10. Policy changes:
11. How can you control your Data?
In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in paragraph 3 above, when you submit Personal Data via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your Data. In particular, We aim to give you controls on Our use of your Data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving e-mails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our e-mails and at the point of providing your details and by managing your Account).
12. Your right to withhold information
12.1 You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain Data.
13. Accessing your own Data:
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your Personal Data held by PharmData (where such data is held) by contacting our Data Protection Compliance Manager at the address given in paragraph 14. Under the GDPR no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge.
14. Questions about the PharmData Network and the information we hold about you:
If you have any general questions about The PharmData Network or the information We have collected about you and how We use it, you can contact our Data Protection Compliance Manager, Oliver Staunton, at our registered business address. He can also be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and by telephone on +44(0)7809481903.